Saturday, December 5, 2009

Atlanta Photojournalism Seminar

I’ve been working the Atlanta Photojournalism Seminar since Thursday morning and it’s been an amazing experience. I met Dave Labelle, above; he was wearing a sweatshirt from Texas Tech the university in my hometown, Lubbock, Texas. I bought some books from his entrepreneurial sons, Tucker and Henry and was able to talk about homeschooling with his wife, Erin. I also got a hug! I love this man’s heart for the people around him, the homeless in particular. I was privileged enough to sit in his two seminars yesterday, Finding Features and Documenting the Homeless, and gleaned invaluable knowledge on getting to meet people. Listening and caring are the keys to giving a voice to the homeless; and photographing for emotion (making people feel good is an okay thing!) always makes a special feature more meaningful. TTFN SDG

No comments: