Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sindhi Sabha Diwali


I assisted a classmate, Suchi Patton, and a graduate, Rosira Palmer, in photographing an Indian New Year celebration last night. It's called Diwali and is considered their Festival of Lights. There was much dancing, eating, laughter and partying involved. The sari's were beautiful and the food was delicious! It was very interesting to see how different country/religion attempts to destroy the reign of darkness. I handed over all my memory cards of the photos to Suchi, who was the one hired. I'll try to get one back to post. I did realize how much I still need to learn about lighting! TTFN sdg

3 comments:

Amy Andoe said...

sounds fun!!!

nelson a. bigles said...

cool! like to see more of this festival very unique opportunity you got Lisa.

Nichole Payne said...

what does ttfn sdg mean anyway?